I was digging around my recipes and i found this fine little gem, i had made it on the weekend and they lasted all about two days before they were gone out of sight! very popular i will definitely making some more this week! keep reading to find out how to make these tasty Cinnamon Rolls.
For the Dough:
2x Cups self-raising flour
1x pinch of salt
90g Butter (cubed)
2/3 cup of milk
For the Filling:
120g Butter (softened)
4x Tbsp brown sugar
2x tsp cinnamon sugar (or half cinnamon powder and half white sugar)
For the Icing:
1x Cup icing sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift flour and salt into bowl, then rub chopped butter into flour using your finger tips.
3. Make a well in the centre and add almost all the milk. Mix lightly to make a soft dough (add the rest of the milk if necessary).
4. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
5. Roll out dough to a 25 x 40cm rectangle of 5mm thickness.
6. To make the filling; beat the butter with Brown Sugar and cinnamon sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the dough rectangle.
7. Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 3cm pieces.
8. Place scroll pieces into the holes in a muffin tin, greased tray cut-side up. (Avoid using a baking tray, as the contents will leak/spread). Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
9. Drizzle with icing.
10. To make the icing; combine Icing Sugar and boiling water in a small bowl beat until smooth.
Get going in the kitchen and give this a tasty treat a try, grab the kids and get them involved – such a rewarding activity that everyone will love!
P.S Take a photo and let us know on our Facebook page how great these were.