Not all delicious recipes have to come from Nana’s hand written cookbook with the flour, milk and cocoa splatters throughout the pages, although nothing will ever beat her golden recipes this sure does come close.
Spinach & Feta Scrolls – perfect for the kids lunch boxes and also just as a snack or a great addition to that BBQ you have been invited too..
Here’s what you need to make this mouth-watering meal:
- 1 1/2 Sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed.
- Spray cooking oil.
- 250g Baby spinach.
- 100g Crumbled feta cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Join pastry sheets, overlapping them by 1cm and pressing together to join. Place pastry over the baking paper.
2. Spray a medium sized frying pan with oil. Place spinach in the frying pan and sauté over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until just wilted. Transfer to a colander and squeeze out excess moisture. Spread spinach over pastry, leaving a 3cm border around the edge. Sprinkle feta over top.
3. Brush pastry edge with a small amount of water and roll up loosely. Cut into 6 equal rounds. Arrange the rounds with the cut-side up on the baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
I love countdown for many reasons but if you browse the hundreds of recipes on their website (www.countdown.co.nz) it actually generates a shopping list below the recipe in which it gives quantities and the amount of food you need to complete the recipe – SO EASY! There is also many different meals/drinks/appetizers based upon the event or season to browse recipes from, it’s a great tool and the food never fails to disappoint, the kids will love it too.
What are you waiting for? lets start summer with a bang (and a yummy, easy, affordable meal).
(Image & Recipe from www.countdown.co.nz)