Summer is slowly creeping up on us leaving our appetite for soups and hot roasts in the cooler seasons, now is the time you get stuck with ideas for healthy, easy and quick dinners.
Lately I’ve been working hard in the kitchen picking and choosing parts from each recipe online to create the perfect quiche of my own, after countless failed dinners turning into takeaway nights i was getting tired of not perfecting this summer goodie until i came up with this recipe – you better believe i was very stunned on how such a simple, easy meal turned out to be liquid gold!
All in all, here we have the PERFECT summer time favorite that you just HAVE to try, it’s quick, easy (and cheap!) besides, who wants to be stuck hovering over a hot element for 5000 hours in this heat? definitely not us!
What you will need:
400g Savory shortcrust pastry
2x Spring onions (Sliced)
3x Medium Courgettes (Sliced thinly)
1/2 Cup Sliced red pepper
2x Large mushrooms (Sliced)
150g Feta (Crumbled)
1x Cup Milk (Or cream for a more creamier taste.)
1/4 Cup Chopped parsley
1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
1/2 Cup Cheese (I recommend tasty)
2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
250g Cherry Tomatoes
1 1/2x Handful of spinach
- Set oven to 180C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board. Line a 22cm quiche tin with pastry and cut off the excess around the edges.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Line the pastry with baking paper. Bake blind for 20 minutes.
- In the base of the cooked pastry arrange the spring onions, rocket and courgettes. Sprinkle the feta over them.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper, spinach, mushroom & Red pepper. Pour the mixture over the courgettes carefully and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove and let the quiche rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Put the tomatoes and oil in a small ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until softened and juicy.
- Serve the quiche warm, topped with the roasted tomatoes.
And there we have it! Healthy, Easy & cheap! Also not to mention, it’s a real hit with the family – especially those ones who steer clear of vegetables (you can smuggle as many as you like in there they probably wouldn’t even know).. Easy-Peasy or what?